Tuesday 13 December 2011

At the gay bar, gay bar, GAY BAR!

So, a completely non-DIY themed post……

Electric 6 were awesome. I have to be honest, I wasn’t expecting much despite the fact that D&C rated them the best live act they have ever seen. They were great, so much energy, so much passion, so much fun.

Usually gigs at Southampton are run-of-the-mill. The bands know they’re not playing to a full-house, this is a mid-week gig, a nothing, some spare change, something getting in the way of them getting high, a build up to the weekend’s gigs. Electric 6 did it because they enjoyed it and it showed.

The last time I went into a mosh pit, stage diving was still encouraged, I was a light 16 year old and used to get pushed all over the shop. Now I’m a heavy 24 year old who can quite happily stand rooted in the middle of the mosh pit until I finish my beer. It was electric 6, not metalica I hasten to add.

Once I finished the beer I joined in, it was great. Immediately after they played radio ga-ga in the encore and a particularly valiant performance in shielding a girl who really should not have been in the mosh pit, I got her phone number. I don’t think I’ll call it tho, I might interrupt her GCSE revision……Ever the gent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment